Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Ramblin Stoweaway Final Post and Final Thoughts

Well readers my Faithful and Obedient Companion and I have come to the end of our journey.  We arrived in Stowe last evening after a trip that lasted 41 Days and a little over 11,000 miles.  In that time we visited 8 National Parks (Yosemite, Bryce, Zion, North and South Rim of Grand Canyon, Death Valley, Sequoia, Kings Canyon (Briefly) Joshua Tree, 2 National Monuments (Devils Postpile, Canyon De Chelly), 4 Presidential Museums (Reagan, Nixon, Eisenhower, Truman), numerous wineries, Big Sur State Park, the Central California Coast, Sausalito, and the High Sierra at Mammoth Lakes.  We played Golf twice and of course spent some time in San Diego upon Eric's return.  We met numerous nice people on our journey and had an opportunity of a lifetime meandering in general.  It was a dream come true for both of us.

What has also been gratifying is the chance to share our trip with all of you.  So many of you have posted comments and shown an interest in sharing our trip.  Many have not posted public comments but have let us know your thoughts by Email.  As I promised at the beginning this blog may be fun or like a bad Christmas Letter.  I am sure you have found it to be both!  Like all good (or bad) events in our lives it is time to close this chapter and move on.

I could go on with a lot of comments about America in general, but I won't.  Instead I thought I would rap it up with the following which sums up perfectly my feelings.





Oh Beautiful for spacious skies





For amber waves of grain


For purple mountains majesty





Above the fruited plain



America, America God shed his grace on thee





and crown thy good ......



with brotherhood





From sea to shining sea!!!!



With that dear readers, I bid you adieu.

1 comment:

  1. Mr. and Mrs. Murray Rider....I've enjoyed reading about all of your adventures. Your blog was both entertaining and informative. Thanks for the everyday updates, and the great pictures.
    Irene

    ReplyDelete